He has told you, O mortal, what is good: and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
We are serious about helping others in the name of Jesus Christ.
Below are organizations we support, both locally and nationally.
You will see we put our money where our mouth is.
Past Mission Grants
The deadline to apply for a 2018 grant has passed.
If you are interested in applying for a 2019 grant, the process will begin at the end of the year.
Below is a list of the 2017 grant recipients. The 2018 list will be published by June.
- Charlotte Rescue Mission (Men)
- Charlotte Rescue Mission – Dove’s Nest (Women)
- Crisis Assistance
- Charlotte Family Housing
- Friendship Trays
- Community Culinary School
- Loaves & Fishes
- Pat’s Place Advocacy Center
- Urban Ministries
- Rama Road Tutoring
- Queen City Family Tree
- Children’s Shelter Health – Center of Hope
- Refugee Support Services
- Engineering Ministries International/Africa – Jeff Austin
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- The Relatives
- Wheelchair Ramp Project
Statewide and National
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- NC Baptist Men
- North Carolina Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- Rural Poverty Initiative, Kentucky
- Baptist World Alliance
- North Carolina WMU
- NC Baptist Colleges and Universities
- Metrolina Baptist Association
- Mecklenburg Ministries
- Counseling Center at Charlotte
- Wycliffe Bible Translators/David and Naomi Coward
- Woman’s Missionary Union
- Baptist Men’s Program
- Royal Ambassadors
- Youth Mission Trips
- College Mission Trips
- National Missions Trips
- Providence Burmese Missions
One may start out as just a member, but soon you realize you have become a part of a nurturing and loving family.
Providence is a welcoming and strong congregation with a heart for serving each other and the community, while building lasting relationships, and growing in our faith and understanding of Christ.
It's a second home where I can relax and have fun and worship God.
Providence is my “extended” family!
Worship at Providence is always meaningful to me, and touches some part of my life.