My theme song is God’s love and justice, and I am singing right to you, GOD. I am finding my way down the road of right living…
Psalm 101 (The Message)
The Providence Music Ministry
Music touches the heart and heals the soul. Music helps us worship God and glorify His name. Music moves us like nothing else.
The Music Ministry at Providence offers ways for people of all ages and ability to get involved. Whether you sing a little or a lot, whether you play handbells or guitar or tambourine, or whether you just like music, we are waiting for you to join us!
- Sanctuary Choir
- Rehearses Wednesdays 7:15pm – 9:00pm
- Leads 11:00am Sunday Worship
- Praise Band
- Rehearses Sunday 7:15am
- Leads 8:30am Sunday Worship
- Adults Ensemble (performs for special occasions)
- Join by audition with Timothy Hill
- Handbells (performs for special occasions)
- Encore Singers
- Rehearses Thursdays 9:30am – 11:00am
- September – May
The Providence Choral Scholars ministry offers scholarship positions to area college students for the academic year. The positions allow students the experience of singing with an accomplished church choir, hopefully fostering a lifelong involvement with church music.
Choral Scholars are encouraged to be active in the ministry of the church, enjoying the support of a “home away from home” church family.
For more information or to apply, click CHORAL SCHOLARS BROCHURE.
- Student Choir
- 2017-2018 Schedule Coming Soon
One of the joys of being in a choir is that you are a part of something greater than yourself. Your voice adds to the sound of the group. Choir is very much like 1 Corinthians 12 where Paul talks about spiritual gifts and the body of Christ. We all have different gifts that we bring to the group, and we will all seek to use those gifts to make up the whole. Simply put, we need each other, and we need to give our best!
As a choir we will seek to:
- Build Community. Connect with others to build meaningful and lasting relationships.
- Find wholeness through musical excellence – moments of transcendence through music.
- Connect with God’s Spirit in our lives.
September through May
Rehearse Wednesdays 5:45pm – 6:30pm
We use scripturally-based music, learning more about the love of God through music. Most of these choirs lead in worship several times a year for Hanging of the Green, Palm Sunday and Children’s Day.
- Music Experience for Three’s
- Our youngest children are introduced to singing as a group, movement activities, rhythm instruments, and games. The children enjoy singing for their parents during our annual Angel Breakfast and Children’s Day.
- Cherub Choir
- Our 4-year-olds continue to learn basic music concepts like steady beat, high-low, fast-slow, etc.
- Music Makers
- Our kindergarteners begin to develop their musical skills through rhythm and melody.
- Trinity Singers
- Our first and second graders are getting into more serious study of music and are being prepared to lead worship. With a combination of small group activities to re-enforce skills and singing in the large group, they are advancing in their musicality.
- Young Musicians
- Our third, fourth and fifth graders are worship leaders. These children sing advanced anthems as they lead in worship. Our goal is to have these students ready to follow a musical score by the time they reach Middle School Choir. We also attend the “Raise a Song” children’s choir festival in the spring at Camp Caraway.
- Children’s Handbells
- Our fourth and fifth graders are invited to play in our handbell choir.