Check this page often as we continue to find new ways to Bless Charlotte.
The Urban Ministry Center, since canceling the remainder of the Room in the Inn season due to health concerns, has consolidated their greatest needs into one Amazon list: click here. They are also requesting bagged lunches:
Bagged Lunches for Urban Ministry Center | Men’s Shelter of Charlotte
- All bagged lunches should be non-perishable and pre-packaged.
- Between our two shelters and our day center, we serve over 700 lunches per weekday.
- No amount is too big or too small – we accept any number of bagged lunches you are able to donate.
- Lunches will be distributed in a grab-n-go fashion.
- Lunches can be provided in gallon-sized plastic bags or a lunch-sized paper bag.
- Bagged lunch donations can be delivered to our Day Services Center from 8 am-1 pm every day. The address is: 945 North College St. Charlotte, NC 28206
- Each bag should contain the following items:
- At least one ready-to-eat protein that is accessible without a can opener (i.e.- tuna, chicken, turkey or meat packets or tabbed cans)
- 1-2 fresh fruits (i.e.- apples, bananas, oranges)
- 1 carbohydrate (i.e.- crackers, nut and trail mixes, granola and power bars, chips)o 1 dessert (i.e.- cookies, individual cakes, muffins)
- 1 bottled water
- Utensil for eating if required for any food items
- Napkin/paper towel if possible
Below are all of the ways you can get a gift card to FFC so we can get them directly to a family in need!
1) Send a Walmart gift card via EMAIL.
Click HERE to purchase online gift card.
2) Purchase Food Lion, Aldi’s, or a Walmart card and mail it to:
PO Box 470436
Charlotte NC 28247
3) Order and ship a visa gift card from our Amazon wishlist:
Thank you for helping our neighbors in their time of need!
Follow Families Forward on Facebook or Instagram for additional updates and needs.