Upcoming Events and Activities
Summer is here! We are excited to get together on Mondays in July and August. We have a variety of events planned. This is a great way to stay connected and bond with your fellow students. We provide transportation to and from the events (Rotunda parking lot).
- TBA – National White Water Center ($30 event fee) – Postponed
- July 22nd – We need to postpone. We got delayed returning from our HS Mission trip. We will reschedule! Middle School Movie and Pool Party (free) – 5:30pm to 9:00pm @ 527 Meadowbrook Rd. Charlotte. Bring your swimsuit, towel, and a change of clothes. Dinner will be provided.
- July 28th* – Knights Game ($20 event fee includes $8.00 meal voucher) – 4:00pm to 9:00pm
- August 5th – Carowinds ($20 event fee unless you have a season pass) – 9:00am to 7:00pm
- August 12th – High School Hike (free) – 8:00am to 3:00pm
- August 19th – Mission Project (free) – 8:00am to 12:00pm
Space for theses events are limited, so SIGN UP TODAY!
*We know the Knights Game is on a Sunday but “Magnificent Mondays and One Sunday” doesn’t roll off the tongue!
ADULT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We can’t pull these events off without help, so please sign up so we don’t have to tell the students we can’t go. As and extra incentive (like you need one), we even cover your event fee!
Summer Bible Study
The next Summer Bible Study is on July 24st at 7:00pm. The Skinners are our host family and they are located at 8617 Mossington Lane; Waxhaw (near Blakeney Shopping Center).
d365 provides inspirational and relevant reflections on scripture for young people. The devotional experience is written especially for students and seeks to provide reflections on themes that impact our faith journey. The hope is that d365 will create a quiet space in your life for meditation and prayer. A new devotion is available every day online or through mobile devices.
High School Mission Trip
Contact Information while we are in Slovakia.
When: July 12 – 21, 2019
Where: Telgart, Slovakia
Our high school students are heading international this year for their mission trip. They will travel to Slovakia to work with the Roma people by hosting a VBS style camp that they will put on with local missionaries. Here are some important dates and information for those going on the trip:
- Attend the mandatory Planning Retreat on Friday, March 1 from 6:00pm to 10:00pm and Saturday, March 2 from 9:00am to 4:00pm to be held at Providence.
- Attend at least 4 of the 5 following Planning Days:
- Sunday, February 10 – 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- Sunday, March 31 – 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- Wednesday, April 24 – 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Sunday, May 19 – 12:00pm to 2:00pm
- Monday, June 17 – 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Attend the commissioning service and final Team/Parent meeting on Sunday, July 7th.
- Have or get a passport that doesn’t expire before February, 2020.
- Be current on all shots including those recommended for traveling to Eastern Europe.
- Have a travel waiver signed and notarized.
- Have all Providence forms completed and the CBF waiver signed.
Resources and Action Items
- Every member of the team and their parents to fill out the CBF SHORT TERM MISSION WAIVER
- Every member of the team needs to sign and agree to the MISSION TRIP TEAM COVENANT
- A notarized TRAVEL CONSENT FORM for every minor on the team
- CDC HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS for people traveling to Slovakia including recommended immunizations
Every Sunday at 9:00am.
6th Grade – Room 2335
Teachers – Dana & Heather Hanson
7th Grade – Room 2333
Teachers – Lia Hinson, Tanya Price, and Kristy Thomas
8th Grade – Room 2329
Teachers – Mary Bonheimer and Mike & Cathy Tommie
9th Grade – Room 2323
Teachers – Lisa & Mark Daniels and Betty Robinson
10th Grade – Room 2308
Teachers – Frankie Ayscue, Mike Martin, Frank Skinner, & Craig Wanek
11th Grade – Room 2319
Teachers – Will Johns, Susan Jones, Greg Kay, and Richard Landers
12th Grade – Room 2317
Teachers – Karen Dukes, Eric Gill, and Mike Motsinger
Sunday Night Live
Select Sundays – 5:30pm to 7:30pm in the Chapman Youth Room
Every Wednesday – 6:00pm to 7:00pm in the Chapman Youth Room
Midweek gathering “fusing” our High School and Middle School Students together to catch up, check in, release some energy (and stress,) and hear something encouraging to help them through the week. Opportunities at fusion range from team-building games and activities to leadership development or even missions and outreach projects.
Here are some of the events and activities that we have planned for this school year. As we get closer to the events, they will move up to the Upcoming Events and Activities section and have all the details about how to get involved.
Middle and High School PASSPORTmissions Camp
When: June 22 – 29
Where: Gordon College at Wenham, MA
A summer opportunity for our High and Middle School Students. Each summer they travel to PassportMissions for a dual camp and mission experience. At camp they will experience:
- Local Missions That Have A Lasting Impact
- Low-Pressure Worship Experience Aimed At Equipping Students For A Lifetime Of Faith
- Programming That Puts An Emphasis On Youth Group Relationship