MINISTRY ASSOCIATE FOR COMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY:
Job Type: Full-time
Providence Baptist Church, a congregation that seeks to minister to people of all ages, is seeking a full-time Ministry Associate for Communications and Technology with excellent communication skills, collaborative abilities, and administrative experience to join our ministry team. This position supports the church’s ministry by coordinating effective communication both to the Providence membership, as well as to our neighbors in Charlotte and beyond, while being a positive ambassador for Providence who use superior written and interpersonal skills to shar the good news of God’s love for all people.
Main areas of responsibility:
Communications (Internal and external)
- Prepare and oversee print publications, such as our monthly newsletter and occasional special mailings; daily digital communications (eg, e-mails and texts); Providence’s various social media platforms, and special events communications to church membership and the community at large.
- Maintain and update our church website through creative multimedia content that informs and engages our church and community.
- Develop new strategies for effectively telling the story of what God is doing through our church.
- General operations and ministry support
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently and be an active member of a team
- Strong organizational skills; perform and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and exemplary grammar and spelling.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Windows computer systems, Google Suite, web-based and digital platforms, Word Press, and proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Supportive of the values and mission of Providence.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or combination of education and experience in communications, publications, or research.
- Pass a pre-employment criminal background and credit history screening
- Pass fingerprint background investigation for licensed NC child development facilities within 60 days of employment.
Classification & Compensation
The Ministry Associate for Communications and Technology is a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible position. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications up to $44,000 annually. Benefits include a healthy work environment, generous leave time (PTO), health insurance, dental, vision, health savings account, retirement, cell phone stipend, life insurance and bi-weekly pay. The position is based on-site at Providence Baptist Church in Charlotte. Relocation assistance is not available. Church membership is not required.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position, an up-to-date resume, and at least three (3) professional references. Incomplete and/or late application packets will not be considered. Email required application materials for consideration to [email protected].
Applicants selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
For more information about Providence Baptist Church please visit our website – www.providencebc.org. No unsolicited phone calls, emails, or visits, please.
Job Type: Full-time
The Maintenance Assistant provides general support, maintenance, and cleaning of church facilities and grounds.
Combination of education and experience in facility maintenance/operations required. Certification in one or more trades preferred for non-licensed tasks. Possess excellent communication skills, ability to work well with people, ability to function in a busy environment with multiple interruptions with orientation to detail and proficiency a must. Must be comfortable with technology and social media. Familiarity with typical Christian church program or non-profit agency required. Membership at Providence Baptist Church is not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes work orders as assigned in a proficient and timely manner.
- Completes general janitorial tasks as needed and/or assigned.
- Assists as assigned with the following tasks, ensuring they are completed in a routine/proactive/effective/timely manner:
- Daily general cleaning, maintenance and trash removal.
- Routine deep cleaning, deferred maintenance and special projects.
- Room set ups, furniture moving, space configurations/reconfigurations.
- Completion of minor repairs.
- Daily clearing of grounds and parking lot of trash /debris.
- Assures buildings remained secured, internally and externally throughout each day.
- Complies with workweek schedule and immediately notifies supervisor when an absence cannot be avoided.
- Ensure church vehicles are properly maintained, cleaned, inspected, and secured at all times.
- Immediately reports any concerns/issues/needs for grounds, landscaping and parking lots of the church.
- Adheres to safety/facility policies and procedures, health codes/standards, MSDS standards and OSHA standards.
- Forms effective working relationships and rapport with vendors, visitors, church members, and staff.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor, staff, partners, church members, and co-workers.
- Always focuses on maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Always focuses on providing excellent customer services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in staff meetings, trainings and other in-person or virtual activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
CONTACT: Adam Lawlor, Director of Operations
Job Type: Part-time
Providence Baptist Church Activity Center is looking to add a part-time Recreation Leader to the team! This position will be responsible for acting as the manager on duty in the absence of the Activity Center Director, assist with supervising recreation assistants, and helping to run our youth basketball program.
The ideal candidate will also have experience in assisting with recreational programming, and working in a recreational setting. Lastly, the ideal candidate will have leadership and supervisory experience. This position will work a varying part-time schedule of up to 25 hours per week, and may be required to work evenings and weekends based on business needs.
Pay: $13.50 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Saturday; Weekend availability; Evening availability
- Provide customer service through telephone and emails
- Provide customer service and assistance to walk-in patrons/customers concerning information, program registration, daily center use and rentals, etc.
- Proactively engage with patrons
- Frequently perform a complete walk-through of fitness room and activity center to assess equipment and safety
- Ensure safety of participants/spectators and administer first aid when necessary
- Enforce rules and regulations
- Assist in light maintenance of facilities and recreational areas
- Provide consistent cleaning/sanitizing of Activity Center, including fitness room and all exercise equipment
- Referee at various sports activities; provide services as timekeeper, scorekeeper or line-person at games
- Assist with various recreational programs/programming needs for all ages
- Handle inquiries and complaints from public
- Assists with special events
- Recreational programming and instruction
- Supervisory experience
- Experience: No experience required
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent Combination of relevant education and relevant experience accepted?
- Computer Skills: General knowledge of various computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite Licenses and ability to use various forms of technology.
- Certifications: CPR/First Aid, Fitness certification(s) from state/nationally recognized organizations
- Punctuality and reliable
- Leadership experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and 3 references to [email protected].