Continuing our practice of following the most current guidelines provided by our local public health authorities, the Providence Covid-19 Task Force asks people ages 5 and up, regardless of their vaccination status, to wear masks while indoors on our campus. Wearing masks when we are together indoors allows us to continue worshiping in the Sanctuary and to resume faith formation activities throughout the week while, at the same time, promoting good health and supporting those health care professionals in our community who are working hard to support us during the pandemic.
Thank you for helping us care for each other!
- The Providence ministry team and deacons are committed to continue caring for our congregation, even as hospitals and care facilities have limited access to visitors. Remember, too, that we all members of Providence are ministers to one another, so please continue to check in on one another—and let us know of needs you come across. We also hope you’ll let us know if you have physical, emotional, or spiritual needs yourself. We’re your church, and you should expect us to be here for you even at a distance. As always, you can reach the minister on-call at 704.366.4030×147.
- The work of the church is much larger than the pastors and staff, and our committees are continuing to provide leadership with both on-site and virtual meetings.
COVID-19 Task Force
- The Covid-19 Task Force, consisting of our senior ministry staff, interim church administrator, director of weekday ministry, deacon chair and chair-elect, moderator and moderator-elect, and the chairs of the personnel and finance committees, is still at work. Please contact LEE CANIPE if you have questions for this group.
How to Serve
- Many of you have the gifts and the capacity to serve our congregation and community in important ways right now. We continue to assess how Providence can most readily and effectively serve others in Jesus’ name and we welcome your participation. Check out our SERVE page for current opportunities.
- Finally, thank you for your continued generosity to Providence, its mission, and its ministries. We will continue to receive offerings mailed to the church and submitted online HERE. Like many other non-profit organizations, we are seeking to sustain our ministry in a period of financial strain and uncertainty. Your gifts help us to maintain commitments to our mission partners, employees, and service providers, as well as allowing us to continue caring for our congregation and our community.