Check this page often as we continue to find new ways to Bless Charlotte.
Families Forward Blessing Event
Wednesday, May 20 from 5:00pm – 6:30pm
Drive through to the Activity Center Circular Drive entering by the soccer fields entrance. (Volunteers will be directing traffic. Just follow their lead!) **Remain IN YOUR CAR to comply with social distancing guidelines!**
Hear a psalm and receive a prayer and a blessing.
THEN drop off donations for mission partner Families Forward Charlotte!
Items requested: Canned Fruits and Veggies, Canned Tuna or Chicken, Pasta, Sauce, Mac & Cheese, Shelf-Stable Milk, 100% Juice, Granola or Cereal Bars, Goldfish, Pretzels, Applesauce Pouches, Cereal, Crackers, Trail Mix
You may also Drop off Tithes and Offerings or Pick Up Sunday School Lessons/Devotion Books
Charlotte Community Health Clinic
During the present time, Charlotte Community Health Clinic is trying to collect cloth masks for our homeless and transitional patients. Their goal is to have 500 homemade masks donated. They can be sent to Hilary Canipe, 6700 Rea Croft Dr, CLT 28226 or they can be mailed directly to Charlotte Community Health Clinic, 8401 Medical Plaza Dr Suite 300, CLT, 28262.
An Amazon Wish List will be available soon.
Interested in the Clinic? Check them out HERE.
Families Forward Charlotte (FFC)
Many FFC families are having a hard time keeping their kids occupied during the quarantine. Some of them live in apartments or even motels so they can’t easily send their kids outside to play. They don’t have printers at home so can’t print anything fun for them to work on and they don’t have the funds to simply order a new art kit or board game from Amazon. Many of them have recently lost their jobs due to COVID-19 and are understandably stressed about how to buy food and pay rent. One way to help is to supply activities for the kids.
Below is a Sign Up Genius link where you can either sign up to print materials and mail them to the family or ship them something directly from a website like Amazon. GO TO SIGN UP GENIUS
Once you sign up, you will receive an email with the family’s address.
Below are all of the ways you can get a gift card to FFC so we can get them directly to a family in need!
1) Send a Walmart gift card via EMAIL.
Click HERE to purchase online gift card.
2) Purchase Food Lion, Aldi’s, or a Walmart card and mail it to:
PO Box 470436
Charlotte NC 28247
3) Order and ship a visa gift card from our Amazon wishlist:
Thank you for helping our neighbors in their time of need!
Follow Families Forward on Facebook or Instagram for additional updates and needs.
The Urban Ministry Center, since canceling the remainder of the Room in the Inn season due to health concerns, has consolidated their greatest needs into one Amazon list: click here. They are also requesting bagged lunches:
Bagged Lunches for Urban Ministry Center | Men’s Shelter of Charlotte
- All bagged lunches should be non-perishable and pre-packaged.
- Between our two shelters and our day center, we serve over 700 lunches per weekday.
- No amount is too big or too small – we accept any number of bagged lunches you are able to donate.
- Lunches will be distributed in a grab-n-go fashion.
- Lunches can be provided in gallon-sized plastic bags or a lunch-sized paper bag.
- Bagged lunch donations can be delivered to our Day Services Center from 8 am-1 pm every day. The address is: 945 North College St. Charlotte, NC 28206
- Each bag should contain the following items:
- At least one ready-to-eat protein that is accessible without a can opener (i.e.- tuna, chicken, turkey or meat packets or tabbed cans)
- 1-2 fresh fruits (i.e.- apples, bananas, oranges)
- 1 carbohydrate (i.e.- crackers, nut and trail mixes, granola and power bars, chips)o 1 dessert (i.e.- cookies, individual cakes, muffins)
- 1 bottled water
- Utensil for eating if required for any food items
- Napkin/paper towel if possible
Second Harvest Food Bank
You can help serve food at the Charlotte Convention Center Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday either in the morning (9am-12pm) or afternoon (1pm-4pm). Participants must be 18 years or older. Masks and gloves will be provided. There will be three 10 person teams during each time slot.
Interested? Email HERE