Current Employment Opportunities
Church Administrator –
We are currently interviewing applicants for the position of Church Administrator at Providence Baptist Church. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please contact Lee Canipe EMAIL with your cover letter and resume.
Providence Baptist Church is known as a big tent church. Our congregation is diverse. We come from various backgrounds and many come to us from other denominations. We describe ourselves as a moderate Baptist church, relating to the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, and our members hold varied opinions on social and theological issues, while being centered on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
Our church is looking for a Church Administrator who is an excellent communicator, collaborates well with others, and can develop healthy working relationships with both staff members and the Providence membership at large. We seek an individual who can balance the ministry priorities of the church with sound financial, personnel, and facility management practices in a way that strengthens, supports, and facilitates the overall mission of Providence Baptist Church.
The Church Administrator:
• Will report to the Senior Pastor.
• Will provide logistical and strategic support for the senior ministry team as it leads the church in worship, programming, and outreach to the community.
• Will have both the experience and competence to oversee the financial, personnel, media, and communications affairs of the church, as well as its physical facilities and grounds. This individual will also demonstrate proficiency using the ACS System.
• Will supervise the church’s administrative and support staff by setting clear expectations, offering consistent feedback, and holding all employees to a high, but fair, standard of accountability.
• Will develop, maintain, and revise written policies and guidelines as needed to ensure administrative efficiency and integrity, as well as the overall safety and protection of the church and its members.
• Will represent the church and its interests to outside vendors, financial institutions, government agencies, legal offices, and other external organizations as needed.
• Will oversee the church’s Hospitality Ministry, including food service for Weekday Education Ministry and various church events throughout the year.
• Will serve as a staff liaison to the finance, personnel, property, grounds, and endowment committees of the church, and assume other committee-related responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Will be comfortable speaking, giving reports, and answering questions at quarterly church business meetings and other settings as necessary.