Current Employment Opportunities
Minister for Adult Discipleship –
Providence Baptist Church is known as a big tent church. Our congregation is diverse. We come from various backgrounds and many come to us from other denominations. We describe ourselves as a moderate Baptist church, relating to the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, and our members hold varied opinions on social and theological issues, while being centered on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
Our church is looking for a person who is a spiritual leader, an excellent communicator and listener who possesses a warm and open personality. We seek to call an individual who has a passion for educating, equipping, and leading adults in their spiritual journey as disciples of Jesus Christ.
The Minister for Adult Discipleship will:
- Develop and implement adult education ministries to encourage spiritual growth for adults, including individual and group programs and curriculum; specifically, Bible studies, Sunday School, and any other educational programs which may be requested or required.
- Create and facilitate programs aimed at continued spiritual growth and discipleship development through Wednesday night Bible studies and small group Bible studies and retreats.
- Identify and employ programs to connect across adult generations in order to create a strong sense of church-wide community while continuing to support and encourage smaller group development within Providence Baptist Church.
- Coordinate the adult education ministries of the church and serve alongside other ministers to provide a comprehensive approach to Christian education that will encourage spiritual development in all age groups.
- Develop meaningful relationships within the congregation.
- Encourage and promote opportunities for adults to put their faith in action through service and missions in their neighborhood, in their city, and in the world.
- Collaborate effectively, supportively, and creatively with other ministers and lay leaders at Providence Baptist Church to advance the mission of the church and the Strategic Plan.
Send cover letter and resume: APPLY