End of Life Preparation with Faith
We all want to end our life well and our advanced planning will assure that we get the care we would like as we make thoughtful choices. Our advanced planning is a great gift for our loved ones. Perhaps this will be a good starting point for discussion between you and those closest to you.
We hope you will find these resources helpful:
- Resources for Pre-Planning and Planning a Celebration of Life can be accessed to the left under Helpful Documents.
- The slide presentation for Session 2 can be found HERE.
- Recordings of each Session can be accessed at the links below.
Funerals at Providence Baptist Church
We offer funeral services to members and their immediate family. The information on this page is designed to answer the most common questions when planning a funeral for a loved one. If you have other questions or concerns, we are happy to assist you. For more information or to plan a service, contact our Minister of Pastoral Care, Martha Haigler.
There is no charge for the following:
- Use of the Church for visitation/funeral/memorial service
- Graveside services at the Cemetery/Columbarium
- 2 white pedestals for flower arrangements and one arrangement on the altar steps are allowed in the Sanctuary
- Basic printed Orders of Service bulletins
- 2 small tables for Order of Service bulletins
- 2 white podiums for the visitors’ book
- If served in the military, American Flag (left); Christian Flag (right)
- Funeral service ushers/greeters/guest register attendants
- Visitation/Reception before or after the service
- Room for family to gather prior to the service
Providence Ministers and Organist involved in the service may receive an honorarium. The family may offer the honorarium directly to the ministers and organist or plan with the funeral home to offer an honorarium. *Some funeral homes automatically add the honorarium to the contract and will pay directly to the ministers.
Soloists and additional musicians can be arranged through the music ministry of Providence Baptist Church at 704-366-4030 ext. 123. Other musicians (vocalist, violinist, outside organist) involved in the service are paid approximately within the range of $150 - $300. These amounts could vary because it is based on the musician.
Providence provides the following options:
A Memorial Plaque (does not include a niche) for $650.00 per name
Niche in the Columbarium for $2100
- Includes stone engraving of deceased name
- The stone engraving takes about 1 week to be completed
- Each niche is classified as a “double niche” which is large enough for two urns
- Each niche measures 18 1/2 inches in depth, 10 1/2 inches wide and 11 inches high. The niche cover is 7/8 inch thick of polished granite/stone and is 11 inches high
*Contact the Director of Operations for further guidance and completion of paperwork.
Funeral Homes and Services
Below are listed funeral homes/services with which Providence Baptist Church often works:
- Carolina Funeral Service, Charlotte, 704.568.0023
- Carolina Mortuary Service & Cremation, 704.563.4676
- Gaskin Funeral Services, Matthews, 704.882.6733
- Hankins and Whittington Funeral Home, Charlotte, 704.333.6116
- Heritage Funeral Home:
- Indian Trail, 704.821.2960.
- Weddington/Matthews Chapel, 704.846.3771
- Ballantyne Chapel, 704.714.1540
- JB Tallent, Charlotte, 704.567.1500
- Ken Poe Funeral and Cremation Services, Charlotte, 704.641.7606
- Lowe-Neddo Funeral and Cremation Funeral Home, Matthews/Mint Hill, 704.545.3553
- McEwen Funeral and Cremation Funeral Home:
- Charlotte, 704.334.6421
- Mint Hill, 704.545.4864
- Pineville, 704.544.1412
- Robertson Funeral and Cremation Service: Charlotte, 704.752.7710
Families supply flowers for the casket and the altar. Some families purchase 2 sets of flowers and use the 2 white pedestals provided by the church. One arrangement may be placed on the steps up to the altar. All other flowers may be displayed in the Narthex, Rotunda, and Fellowship Hall. The one flower urn measures 11 1/4 inches in diameter and 9 inches deep. Flowers can be ordered from a florist of your choice.
Below are florists with whom we most often work.
- Blossom Shop, 2 locations:
- 1500 E. Morehead St, 704.372.4447
- 2242 Park Rd, 704.376.3526
- Elizabeth House, 726 Tyvola Rd 704.342.3919
- Roseland Florist, 704-332-8191
- Southern Blossom Florist, 321 East Blvd, 704.375.7706